Thursday, September 18, 2008

Mooncake Festival

This year's Mooncake Festival is totally different from what I usually had. Still remember when I was a small kid, I used to ask my mom to fetch my to grandma's house to play with lantern with my cousins and nieces. To be frank, I didnt go there to play with lanterns. We usually gather old pots and bricks to make a mini kitchen and boil leaves for fun. YES! FUN! No motive, just plainly make fire with candles, boil green leaves and when the "aroma" gets to the adults nearby enjoying their mooncake and chinese tea, they will put out the fire and pour away our very own "fresh green tea"

This year, we did not visit my grandma. Infact, we will never get to see her again. She passed away 3 weeks ago. But this year, my dad's sister came to our house and we celebrate the festival by having a reunion dinner. Not very union because not everyone was at home. =/

Ok, cut the craps about dinner and my family. What I wanted to tell actually is mooncakes. I only like Lotus Mooncake with Yolk and Snow Skin mooncake. But what I noticed is that this year's marketers did not put in much efforts on advertising mooncakes. The only advertisement on TV about mooncake is Baker's Cottage mooncake.

I like Tai Thong's box. Its colorful and flowerish. Totally different from their old liver red box 2 years ago. I never give a damm on how tasty the mooncake is. Infact, I cant really differentiate mooncakes of 2 different company.


This is Tai Thong's

Well, I got nothing to talk about for the rest. They are so plain, dull and old. =/

"Fan Cai Heong"- Never heard of it before..


"Mak Hor Xi"- Box quite nice also.


This is the shittiest of all. First, it is produced by some vegetarian company. Then there is a non-halal sticker on it. WTF?? I didnt even open it whatsmore giving it a try.

Hah! This one although the packaging looks like the previous one, but I tell you hor, inside is orgasm. This one is specially delivered from Hong Kong. "Tan Heong" is the most famous brand in Hong Kong producing mooncakes and chinese biscuits like wife biscuits(Lou Poh Peng). Inside is my all time favourite Lotus Double Yolk! Their yolk is different from the Malaysia's Mooncake. Our yolk is orange in color but their's is yellow. Which one I prefer? Of coz the yellow one ler. *will update picture of the mooncake soon when I eat another one..hehe*

Actually this post serve no purpose..hehe.. nothing better to do then take pictures of mooncake box and crap only..haha.. XD

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

mini kitchen and boil leaves for fun... hehe!

ahlost said...

Mooncake overdose?