Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Leaving is painful

I hate sending off people at the airport. That is why I seldom send my friends off whenever they go abroad to pursue their studies. The reason behind this is because I have a soft heart. I may cry out infront of them.

Two days ago, I was forced to follow my mom to the airport to send a worker off back to his country- Bangladesh. He worked for my parents for 14 years. He once told me that he will work for my parents until the day he die and jokingly ask us to find any wooden box, put him inside and send his body back to his hometown. His temper is terrible. Any little things that doesn't go according to him, he will get mad and start to throw his temper around. That is why most of the workers there doesn't like him.

On the day I sent him to the airport, my mom wanted to check his luggage incase he took anything belongs to the company. 14 years working for her but she never trusted him. I was going to ask her not to do so as it not good afterall. My dad agreed not to check too. So in the end, she didnt.

On the way to the airport, he was talking non-stop about his country, his family, his hometown to my mom and sister. No words came out from my mouth. I couldn't say a word to him. The feelings is like the day my grandma died and I dont dare to touch her for the last time. My eyes began to get waterish. I secretly wipe it off.

I notice my mom was driving very slowly at that time but the journey to the airport seems to be shorter than normal. I helped him to unload his luggage to the trolley and walk into the airport with him. His flight suppose to be 2.30am but was delayed for 3 hours. I was reluctant to leave and say good bye. My sister gave him Rm50 to buy himself a meal before we left. I shoke his hand for the last time and say good bye to him. He said: Terima Kasih! and gave me a can of RedBull drink.

Without looking back, I quickly walk back to the car and left... another person who grew up with me left me again. A person who probably I will not meet anymore for the rest of my life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL :P